[wildfly-dev] WildFly roadmap and key dates for WildFly 17

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed May 29 11:46:18 EDT 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM Brian Stansberry <
brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:08 AM Brian Stansberry <
> brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> WildFly 17 is scheduled for release three months after 16, continuing the
>> quarterly cadence. Here are the key dates:
>>
>>    - Fri, May 10 — PRs ready for merge for all features coming in via
>>    WildFly Core
>>    - Tue, May 14 — All features ready for merge
>>    - Wed, May 15 — WildFly 17 Beta. No new features after this date.
>>    - Fri, May 24 — All changes for WildFly Core ready
>>    - Tue, May 28 — All changes for WildFly ready
>>    - Thu, May 30 — WildFly 17 Final released
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's a quick update on the schedule.  We released a WildFly
> 17.0.0.Alpha1 last night. Get it at https://wildfly.org/downloads/! This
> has the bulk of the new functionality we expect in WildFly 17, but there
> are a few more significant component upgrades and related features we want
> to get in. We want all such things in WildFly's beta releases so we decided
> to defer the beta and call yesterday's release an alpha.
>
> I don't expect it to take long to get the remaining items, so I expect
> we'll release WildFly 17.0.0.Beta1 late next week.  The WildFly
> 17.0.0.Final date should then be two weeks after that, give or take a day.
> I'll post with the specific code freeze dates and release date for the
> final release once the beta goes out. But a reasonable prediction is May 31
> for changes to WildFly Core and June 4 for changes to WildFly full.

I was on holidays so this is a bit past due... James Perkins released
WildFly 17.0.0.Beta1 last Friday; thanks James!  Here are the remaining
schedule dates for WF 17:

   - Fri May 31 -- All changes for WildFly Core ready
   - Tue Jun 4 -- Upgrade WildFly Core version in WildFly
   - Wed Jun 5 -- All changes for WildFly ready
   - Mon Jun 10 -- WildFly 17 Final released

Best regards,
Brian