[wildfly-dev] WFCORE-4150 - Support automatically adding and updating credentials in a credential store

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 13:46:35 EDT 2020

When you review https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/12538 if you
approve it please use the Git Hub approval feature[1] to do so. It's nice
to see in the top right corner of that page who has approved vs scrolling
for comments.

(This is true for all PRs.)

[1]
https://help.github.com/en/github/collaborating-with-issues-and-pull-requests/reviewing-proposed-changes-in-a-pull-request#submitting-your-review

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:18 AM Jean-Frederic Mesnil <jmesnil at redhat.com>
wrote:

> With WFCORE-4150[1], we have added a new feature to automatically add and
> update credentials in a credential store.
>
> This new RFE has been enabled in WildFly Core 12.0.0.Beta1 that was
> released last week.
> However for users to be able to use this feature, we must update the
> subsystems API and XML Schemas to expose this new feature.
>
> This require to bump the version of existing XSD schemas to reference the
> new namespace "urn:wildfly:credential-reference:1.1" (instead of the
> previous "urn:wildfly:credential-reference:1.0”).
>
> Concerned extensions are:
> * clustering
> * datasources
> * resource-adapters
> * agroal
> * mail
> * messaging-activemq
> * undertow
>
> We need to update ALL use of credential-reference in our subsystems to
> provide a consistent user experience to our users.
> Farah already did most of the work for it in
> https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/12538.
>
> I’d like to get all component leads for the impacted subsystems to review
> her PR so we can merge it early in the release cycle of WildFly 20.
>
> Could the component leads for these subsystems (I’ve put you in CC if you
> are concerned) review Farah PR and ack/nack it before the end of this week,
> please?
>
> Thanks for you help,
> Jeff
>
> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-4150