[wildfly-dev] WFCORE-4807 - Log Routing

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 12:32:12 EDT 2020

FWIW there are 3 options:

1) Default on.
2) Default off, not specified in standard configs.
3) Default off, but set to on in standard configs.

The distinction between 1 and 3 is people bringing an existing config do
not see a behavior change.

No matter which we do we should aim to get this in very early in a release
dev cycle so we have time to notice any odd impacts.

Do you have any thoughts on how we can look for odd impacts?  IIRC the odd
impact would be stuff we expect to appear in the server.log no longer
appearing there.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM James Perkins <jperkins at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I've got an open proposal for some changes with how log messages may be
> routed [1]. There is some discussion on there with some concerns about
> messages that the user may not expect to be routed to their own specific
> log context. Feedback from a wider audience would be appreciated.
>
> Currently I've got this enabled by default which would be a change in
> behavior. However, as I've stated in a comment on the proposal, maybe it's
> better to opt-in than opt-out. Either way any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-proposals/pull/281
>
> --
> James R. Perkins