[aerogear-dev] [aerogear-android-todo]

Glen Daniels glen at thoughtcraft.com
Thu Sep 20 22:52:40 EDT 2012

Hey qmx,

On 9/20/12 9:29 PM, Douglas Campos wrote:
> 1) Why there is no history on the project? (and consequently, ownership history - passos contributed code hasn't got attribution)
> 	- even in cases of big rewrites and start-overs, it's nice to keep the commits, as the history of the incremental changes say a lot about the rationale/train of thought that lead to the final solution

(See last msg)

> 2) Why aren't we following the maven project layout, as suggested by the archetype we are using?

We're following a simple convention for the Android maven plugin
(http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/).  You can see a similar
example at
https://github.com/jayway/maven-android-plugin-samples/tree/master/helloflashlight.
 The idea is that it's an Android project first and a maven project second.

> 3) Why the API and the example app are intermixed?
> 	- Ideally these should be separate repositories, like the iOS version

Definitely!  This is mentioned in TODO comments in the code.  I wanted
to get the prototype up quickly to link it to
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-353, and didn't have time to
both merge in the new UI and split out the API jar.  Next on my list.

--Glen