[aerogear-dev] POC - Service Workers and Conflict Resolution

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 08:40:01 EST 2015

> On Jan 6, 2015, at 3:38 AM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It is very good idea, and a nice way how to integrate with existing libraries.
>
> It shields user from one round of conflict resolution handling.
>
> I have created a small diagram to better understand that and it revealed one more fact:
>
> https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1vIqYjfukHwb9HVuYAlf9eO5U_Eopgl9EOZyG22wEV2s/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1vIqYjfukHwb9HVuYAlf9eO5U_Eopgl9EOZyG22wEV2s/edit?usp=sharing>
>
> As seen on the diagram, user would still have to Merge on the programmatic layer, where we could offer a DiffMatchPatch alghoritm,
i think i use that algorithm in the repo example
> and/or integration with selected existing libraries (e.g. AngularJS ResoureProvider or Restangular or similar Ember approach).

correct,  however that particular lib deals with a 409 error,  then they can keep doing what they are doing

> I believe we don't have to handle "I work for second and later requests" problem you mentioned in the blog, since I assume ServiceWorker will react on the REST calls from the application once it is registered (not sure that's the case). That's with a question mark. :-)

this section explains this a little more:

https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/blob/master/explainer.md#so-im-controlling-pages-now <https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/blob/master/explainer.md#so-im-controlling-pages-now>

however the last line : “However, a ServiceWorker can call event.replace() during the install event to do an immediate takeover of all pages within scope” i’m not sure if that means “take over the page without having to refresh” or not.  i will play with that