[Hawkular-dev] Importing JBoss BoMs to Hawkular Parent

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 10:17:35 EST 2015

> First, I am not against including WildFly in some form. But I vote for
> the least possible set. jboss-javaee-7.0-with-all [1] is unnecessarily
> broad. Hibernate anyone?

I didn't think it mattered because this doesn't import the dependencies anyway. It only imports the dependency definitions (so yeah if someone wants to use hibernate, they can pull it in if they want - but it is not like we now have a dependency on Hibernate just because the parent pom has the WF BOM in it. It is just letting us know what version of Hibernate we CAN pull in if we want to).

But if we don't even want our sub-projects to even use EE/Wildfly dependencies, then I can see pulling it out (to avoid tempting them to use it?)