[Hawkular-dev] sequencing of feed-comm

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 16:30:48 EDT 2015

Just sending this to document it :) Can we put these plantuml documents somewhere so they can render? github or someplace?

Anyway, this is the current impl - the responses coming back from the agent will pass through directly from the server to the UI websocket - this will not work long term -- see below

This will not work because the UI that submitted the request may not be connected to the same server that the feed is connected to - so we need to put a message on the bus that is the incoming response from the feed and a UI listener will be listening on the bus and send all messages to its UI. This may be difficult to do since UIs do not have an identifier like feeds do (feed ID) - there are session IDs but they change for each websocket connection. I'll figure something out :) Anyway, this is how it should work: