[Hawkular-dev] What is the best way to build hawkular with the latest hawkular-metrics?

Filip Brychta fbrychta at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 05:40:08 EDT 2015

Hello,
I have following goal:
1 - build each hawkular-metrics PR
2 - build hawkular-dist using artifact from step 1
3 - run some tests

What could be the best and most reliable way to do this?

a) just build hawkular dist with hawkular-metrics snapshot from step 1
  - I tried this and it was working for a while but then it stopped working (I guess when those intergration branches were introduced)
  - is there any chance that this approach will ever be reliable?
b) build hawkular dist using the latest snapshots for all components
  - is this reliable?
c) any other option?

Or the only reliable way is to build hawkular-metrics and deploy it to a wildfly manually as a single component and test it this way?

Thank you,

Filip