[Hawkular-dev] Tenant Id - Not Part of URL

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Wed May 13 09:34:02 EDT 2015

On 12/05/15 01:45 PM, Thomas Segismont wrote:
> Le 12/05/2015 15:17, Stefan Negrea a écrit :

What is the correct convention for posting to the list? :) Top, bottom,
inline?

For the query parameter, is there any reason why we are using a query
parameter and not a matrix parameter?

Personally I think a matrix parameter makes a lot more sense

http://hawkular/metrics;tenant=foo/gauges/....

versus

http://hawkular/metrics/gauges/....?tenant=foo

Always having to specify tenant at the end of the url seems strange to
be. Logically I would think that it should be applied to the metrics
resource itself and not to all the child resources.

Something like this would normally mean that the parameter 'a' is to be
applied to the 'foo/bar' resource:
http://foo/bar;a=b/baz

While, something like this would normally mean that the parameter 'a' is
to be applied to the 'foo/bar/baz' resource:
http://foo/bar/baz?a=b