[Hawkular-dev] H-Services vs. src-deps

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 06:06:12 EDT 2016

Hi,
  if there is a PR against h-services with a component set to a src-dep
version, it's like a request for releasing the component, because I need to
use that new feature that is not in that released version. What about CCing
the component maintainer in that PR that you need a release and once it's
released, change the src-dep version with a normal x.y.z.Final version? And
only after that allow merging the PR.

This has the drawback that the PR may be blocked by the maintainer of the
package until he releases. If we have a git bot similar to the MiQ one, it
could spam the maintainers that there is a release request.

src-dep isn't perfect, but it's better than snapshots because of the
reproducibility, otherwise it's almost the same to me, so it doesn't solve
the releasing.

jk