[Hawkular-dev] What should be the replacement for printlns in tests?

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 11:20:49 EST 2016

Le 27/01/2016 16:28, Peter Palaga a écrit :
> On 2016-01-27 15:32, Jay Shaughnessy wrote:
>> >
>> >Yes, of course, that's the usefulness of loggers, but that doesn't mean
>> >system println is worse than INFO logging in test code.
> Yes, println is worse than INFO logging because there e.g. is no way how
> you can pointedly turn printlns off for a given class.
>
>> >Meaning, to the
>> >point of adding checkstyle misery.
> @Matt perhaps wants to say something ?:)
>
> Checkstyle or not, I found myself adding printlns because I have not
> seen a better alternative.
>
> So there is nobody here who knows how to config the test logging with
> jboss.logging?

You cannot "configure" JBoss logging, it's a logging bridge. You need to
use a backend and configure that backend. Metrics uses Logback as a backend.

The Hibernate team has done a great job putting together a JBoss logging
doc, if you're interested:
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/5.0/topical/html/logging/Logging.html