[Hawkular-dev] Alert trigger flags

Luba Roitman l_roitman at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 13:05:58 EST 2016

Hi, I am trying to understand the relationship between a number of alert trigger flags. While behavior of each individual flag (autoDisable, autoEnable and autoResolve) is clear, I have some questions on how trigger behaves when some of this flags are turned on:
1. autoDisable + autoEnable: this combination seems possible and logical, the triggers gets disabled, the user tends to alerts fired by the trigger, resolves them, the trigger gets enabled2. autoDisable + autoResolve: does this combination make sense? I can imagine trigger fires an alert, goes into disabled state. Does it switch into evaluating autoresolve conditions? If user manually enables such trigger after it got disabled after firing, will it be evaluating autoresolve conditions?3. autoEnable + autoResolve: same questions as before: alert fires, trigger starts to evaluate resolve conditions, then got disabled manually. User resolves alerts, the trigger becomes enabled because of autoEnable flag, but does it evaluate resolve conditions or problem conditions?
I would appreciate your help in clarifying the questions.
Thanks, Luba