[Hawkular-dev] the new hawkular services distro

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Tue May 24 06:16:54 EDT 2016

On 24.05.2016 11:38, Peter Palaga wrote:
> @Juca: I am not sure if you are proposing to create a new wide-coverage
> test suite in Services git repo. I do not think that Services is a good
> place for maintaining such a wide-coverage test suite. I think that
> individual components should take care for their all-covering test
> suites in their respective git repos.
>
> As I said earlier on IRC, we should either (a) have a few basic smoke
> tests in Services git repo, or (b) we should find a way to run itests
> pulled as test-jars from the components' repos.
>
> I think that (a) is a safer bet for now. Actually, the e2e tests now
> present in Hawkular could be taken as a good starting point for what we
> need here in Services.

+1 . I was trying to avoid having duplicate logic/tests by having one
place that could be used as reference on "how to consume Hawkular
Services" (instead of "how to consume Metrics") and what to expect from
Inventory when you create something on Metrics, but in the end, there's
nothing special on Hawkular Services that doesn't exist on the
individual components themselves, I suppose. So, this would also be
redundant.

- Juca.