[hibernate-dev] Core Logging WTF!?

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Nov 11 10:38:57 EST 2010

> I wanted to try the simple sl4fj backend as a means to alleviate the
> logging configuration files.

Fair enough. A heads up would have been nice though, especially with the
log4j.properties files still around.

> Does it meet all of our needs?  Dunno, thats kind of the
> idea of "try".

If I understand the documentation
(http://www.slf4j.org/api/org/slf4j/impl/SimpleLogger.html)
correctly it just logs info messages. Personally, I find myself quite
often turning on
debug logging.

> My main concern here was the requirement to remember to revert
> log4j.properties changes prior to committing.

Is this really such a big issue? What's the harm if someone accidentally
checks in his logging settings?

--Hardy