[infinispan-dev] Redesigning CacheStore and CacheLoader SPIs

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Apr 2 08:47:09 EDT 2012

I know this is much needed, and perhaps 6.0 may be the time to do this.  Do we have a list of things we want to change here?

On the back of https://community.jboss.org/message/726337#726337 it would seem that we need the ability to pass in the ConsistentHash to the CacheLoader when loading entries, so that if the cache store is shared, it can selectively load entries targeted to the node in question.  Either that, or to be able to call CacheLoader.load(CacheLoaderFilter) where CacheLoaderFilter would expose a shouldLoad(Object key).

Other thoughts include better JTA integration, etc?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani