[infinispan-dev] JCache implementation documentation

cotton-ben ben.cotton at ALUMNI.RUTGERS.EDU
Tue Apr 23 12:03:26 EDT 2013

Very nice work Galder.

Couple of questions re:  Infinispan 5.3.0 ambitions/capabilities to provide
JSR-107 transactions option.

1.   We noticed on your GitHub branch that you have JCACHE Transactions test
code.  The code uses javax.transaction.TransactionManager (ajuna
implementation).  Will you extend this test to also audition the usage of
javax.transaction.UserTransaction (arjuna, et. al. implementations?) and its
JCACHE factory bridge via javax.cache.CacheManager.getUserTransaction()  ?

2.  We notice that your tests include specifying LOCAL isolation
READ_COMMITTED.  Will you extend this to build tests that actually challenge
Inifispan's integrity for honoring the chosen isolation, i.e. by introducing
specific "DIRTY_READ" (caching use case) test challenges?

3.  Can we right now use Infinispan 5.3.0.A to build a test that
demonstrates Infinispan (via its JTA bridge) honoring a REPEATABLE_READ
isolation choice?

4.  Can you comment on eventually providing tests that demonstrate
Infinispan 5.3.0 using the TotalOrder (CloudTM?) JTA bridge to achieve
SERIALIZABLE isolation choice?  This one will be especially helpful, as we
understand Infinispan has the ambition to supporting isolation=SERIALIZABLE
via the JCACHE API.  *We greatly applaud this ambition, and can't wait to
see it working in Infinispan. * We don't know yet how directly dependent it
is on TotalOrder being a capability provider (we're studying this).

5.  Can you post any/all of your JUDcon JSR-107 presentation content?

Again, very nice work ... we'll be following progress here closely.  Thanks
-Ben