[infinispan-dev] configuration toProperties

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 11:17:47 EST 2013

Just send a pull request and we can provide comments there?

I think the idea is good, but based on the feedback, seems like there's different opinions on the output format? Maybe you could pass the format as a class that decides what the output should be, e.g.

Formatter<Properties> f = new PropertiesFormatter();
configuration.mkOutput(f);
Properties p = f.getOutput();

Don't pay attention to the actual names, but more into the idea of the user being able to provide a formatter on how the configuration should be presented: properties, XML, JSON, YAML…. Formatter would need some extra callback for the element, value to cache them, so that when getOutput() is called, it can return what's needed.

Cheers,