[infinispan-dev] To make it clear which PRs need attention ...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Aug 4 11:23:19 EDT 2014

On 4 August 2014 12:54, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice idea! I am using [1] to monitor the PRs I was involved in, which does a
> pretty good job, but it's annoying that it misses some updates (like the
> build status, most of the time).

Nice thing. Were you keeping that for yourself? :-)
A bit slowish to load though, and doesn't give me the quick overview I
need, which is to answer the question: "Any PR I can help merging in
short time?"

> I have one suggestion: most PRs are ready for review the moment they are
> issued, so I think that should be the default - no label required.
> I would add instead a "Do not integrate yet" label :)

Yes it would be nice to have them added the "Ready for Review" label
by default, still I highly prefer having a bold green label so that we
can quickly find one to merge..
it's more about the colour codes personally, I don't usually have time
for Infinispan PRs and since you all tend to leave them lingering for
a long time, it's often hard to find one which I could merge.

Normally by the time I find one, my time slot on Infinispan is over so
your opportunity to get a merge done is gone ;-)

Another problem we have is that sometimes after a couple of comments
it's unclear who needs to act next. Is the PR crap and needs to be
rewritten? Is the reviewer done with comments, or was he distracted?
etc.. so better flag things visually for the others to be able to
help.

I'd prefer to leave the "no label" case to means something like "needs
to be categorised"(labelled), for example what we'd do for a first
high level screening for new contributors PRs.

Cheers,
Sanne