[jboss-as7-dev] Request for review: AS7 management additions

David Bosschaert david at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 03:00:31 EDT 2011

Hi Thomas,

If you look at the management console (and jboss-admin.sh) you'll see that it provides an interface to control the static information that is configured in standalone.xml/domain.xml as well as a way to interact with the dynamic information in the runtime.

When I started looking at the management stuff in OSGi I noticed that the way the static configuration is currently provided is quite different from other subsystems, and it's read-only: it doesn't support changes through the console.

So this piece has a couple of purposes:
* Make the OSGi-Management API conformant with the other Management API's
* Make the OSGi configuration editable throught the console
* For me to learn this stuff :)

Yes, I agree, the bundle level runtime API (start/stop) etc should and will also be done.

Cheers,

David