[jboss-as7-dev] Cleaner welcome page

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 11:36:57 EDT 2011

> On Jun 10, 2011, at 16:42, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>
>> The admin console link may or may not work, depending on whether they
>> accessed the welcome page via a hostname that maps to the same interface
>> as the console binding and whether or not they've changed the default
>> port for the HTTP management socket.
>
> Yes, I know but what can one do when you guys split things out ? :)
>
> I just used the hostname + 9990 and some javascript to handle possible different hostname than localhost.
>
> If you reconfigure it then yes it won't work, but
> I thought its better users actually see there is an admin console on the
> default install that not at all.

Perhaps better to just make it fixed as localhost:9990. In the default
configs, the interface for the management sockets is configured
separately from the ones for other services, so changing the others to
some non-localhost value will not affect the management socket. The
users have to intentionally decide to keep them in sync, and my guess is
they won't do that by default.

> I also wanted to add info about how to change the welcome page but I don't have the info available
> so for now just kept it simple.

Deploy a war with / as its context path. I assume the magic ROOT.war
name still works, but haven't tried it.