[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Failure handling

bill.burke@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 16:03:50 EDT 2007

I think I have a different solution to yours:  dead letter queue processing.

You can take the code as-is, add a MDB that listens on the dead letter queue.  The node could have a "failure" transition.  Dead Leter MDB could see if the node had that transition and just transition to it.  Thoughts?

I'm thinking that JBPM should have a failure-transition that could be describe in the process definition.  The failure-transition is different from exception handling in that exception handling allows you to recover, failure handling changes the state of the PI to a failure state that you can do BPM on.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069354#4069354

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069354