[jboss-dev] hibernate 3.3.0 upgrade, slf4j introduction into jbossas

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:49:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:
> Shame on Steve for introducing yet another logging framework.  All you're
> gonna do is piss off every JBoss AS user that wants to debug Hibernate and
> has to figure out shitLog4j.

Yeah, that slf4j thingie only exists to continue the current situation
of having zillions of logging APIs. Sad.

I don't think this move over to this logging implementation are in
JBoss' best interests, and this should be reverted. Using JBoss
Logging in JBoss Web (hardcoded to use JUL in the standalone version)
worked perfectly well.

Rémy