[jboss-dev] Papaki Annotation Scanning Requirements

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 16:07:57 EDT 2009

On 10/29/2009 02:39 PM, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Please edit the wiki page and add your annotation scanning requirements/usecases:

Well, the good news is, this is just what we need to get started.  The bad
news is by calling it "the Papaki project (formerly JBoss Annotations)",
and asking people who would be interested in using this project, you're
already leaking implementation considerations into a purely requirements
doc. :-)

What this document should really say is, "What projects need to read
annotation data, scan annotations to determine deployment information, or
in any other way use annotations at compile time OR run time, and what
exactly are the requirements for each project?"  And this should include
ALL of our projects which do annotation scanning, not just projects which
have a particular interest in the specific Papaki implementation (or any
other implementation), otherwise we're going to miss out on some use-case data.

- DML