[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - which version of jboss messaging is compatible with jbossas

georgeIsAngry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 16:46:17 EDT 2007

I'm not able to get jboss messaging 1.3GA working with jbossas 4.2.1 server. The appserver starts up fine, however when my JMS clients try to connect to the JMS server, they are failing with the following:

  | Failed to communicate.  Problem during marshalling/unmarshalling; nested exception is:
  | 	java.io.OptionalDataException
  | event stack trace:  java.rmi.MarshalException: Failed to communicate.  Problem during marshalling/unmarshalling; nested exception is:
  | 	java.io.OptionalDataException
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker.transport(SocketClientInvoker.java:306)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.RemoteClientInvoker.invoke(RemoteClientInvoker.java:143)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:525)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:488)
  | 	at org.jboss.invocation.unified.interfaces.UnifiedInvokerProxy.invoke(UnifiedInvokerProxy.java:175)
  | 	at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invokeInvoker(InvokerInterceptor.java:331)
  | 	at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:194)
  | 	at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:61)
  | 	at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:70)
  | 	at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor.invoke(HomeInterceptor.java:184)
  | 	at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:100)
  | 	at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)

The server is giving the following error:

  | 16:38:02,964 ERROR [ServerThread] Worker thread initialization failure
  | java.io.EOFException
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:526)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:369)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:165)

The clients are using the correct jboss-messaging-client.jar.

Are these two compatible, or should I be using another version of jboss messaging?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089492#4089492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089492