[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - running an app within jboss (like a daemon)

dlarosa11 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 10 15:43:45 EDT 2008

I have a legacy application that I want to run in jboss like I used to run daemon processes in Unix.  I don't want it to be a web service or web app or anything.  I just want JBoss to start the application for me.  I have created an ear and inside it, I have created a war file.  I have web.xml setup to point to the class that I want to run.

Jboss starts and it says that my application is deployed, but I know it is not running.  I'm sure there is something else I need to do to make this work.

Does anyone have a primer for such a task or a pointer to directions on how to do it?

Thanks
Domenic

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157131#4157131

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157131