[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: JBOSS5 + Spring Deployer version confusion

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 1 12:42:54 EST 2008

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | Anyway now moving onto my next problem.
  |
  | Are all the schemes that spring usually has setup (when running as a web-app in plain Tomcat; not Tomcat under JBoss), are they enabled and functional with respect to JBoss ? In particular the scheme handler for "classpath:"  I have a:
  |
  | <bean id="propertyConfigurer" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
  |   |     <property name="location">
  |   |         <value>classpath:config/application.properties</value>
  |   |     </property>
  |   | </bean>
  |
  | But I'm getting the error:
  |
  | DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanDeployer] Parsed file: JarEntryHandler at 28894583[path=Service.ear/Foobar.war/WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml context=file:/data/opt/jboss-5.0.0.Beta4/server/default/deploy/ real=jar:file:/data/opt/jboss-5.0.0.Beta4/server/default/tmp/javatmp/nestedjar19733.tmp!/WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml] to: classpath:/config/application.properties
  |   |
  |   | DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanDeployer] Error during deploy: vfsfile:/data/opt/jboss-5.0.0.Beta4/server/default/deploy/Service.ear/Foobar.war
  |   | org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating managed object for vfsfile:/data/opt/jboss-5.0.0.Beta4/server/default/deploy/Service.ear/Foobar.war
  |   |         at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
  |   |
  |   | ....SNIP....
  |   |
  |   | Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
  |   |         at java.lang.Class.cast(Class.java:2951)
  |   |         at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:136)

Ah, yes, I though this one will come up sooner or later. :-)

This has nothing to do with Spring.
It's the way we deploy our Microcontainer beans.
BeanDeployer picks up any file that ends with -beans.xml, assuming that this is where MC beans are declared.
You can either rename the file or change the way BeanDeployer handles this file, e.g. perhaps not using the file if it also contains 'spring' in its name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133451#4133451

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133451