[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - journal files not getting cleaned up and server startup fail

jbmuser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 18 03:43:42 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am using JBM 2.0.0.BETA1 stand alone server.
I have added 1 million messages in a queue with following page settings in jbm-configuration.xml

<paging-max-global-size-bytes>52428800</paging-max-global-size-bytes>
<global-page-size>10485760</global-page-size>

When I try to consume these messages it is observed that sometimes (especially when using Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE), the journal folder size grows to 2 to 3GBs and stays there even after client has consumed all the messages. When I checked the Paging/ folder, it is empty (as expected). It seems the Journal garbage collector is not correctly cleaning up the files from journal/ folder.
Now, the issue is that, when I try to restart the server, it fails and throws OutOfMemroyException. I am able to successfully restart the server after manually deleting all journal files.
Now, I am not sure why server is loading the journal files on start up when all the messages are already consumed. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238400#4238400

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238400