[jbosstools-dev] Question on docs commit rights

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 14:25:55 EDT 2013

This question was brought about after a jira was opened for me:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13711

Basically, it's a jira for typos in docs. It was re-opened twice for
further modifications, both by Nick and by Michelle.

My questions are as follows:
1) does Michelle have commit rights to all docs folders?
2) If not, doesn't this seem very wrong?
3) Do typo changes require jiras at all? Shouldn't someone just fix them
and commit?
4) Wouldn't it make sense for the purpose to 'fix' docs... be the 'docs'
person?

I'm sure this will come off as that I'm lazy or something, but, that's
not the case really. My time is just better spent on other activities,
and I'm also trying to save Michelle's time as well. If she could just
fix the typos and inconsistancies on her own, wouldn't that be better?

I don't believe docs should be centralized in one core place. I believe
jmx docs belong in jmx, AS docs belong in AS, etc, but, I do believe the
docs person should have full control over the docs, at least to the
point where they shouldn't have to ask the component leaders to commit
typo fixes for them with jiras, branches, etc etc.

Any thoughts?

- Rob