[jbosstools-dev] New Beta1 target platform coming this week - Kepler R

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 02:34:46 EDT 2013

On 06/27/2013 08:03 AM, Denis Golovin wrote:
> Verified compilation only for all these modules
> https://github.com/dgolovin/jbosstools-submodules/blob/master/pom.xml.
> Commented modules have build failures, but they are all from SOA
> Tools, is that correct? If so, new TP looks good to me.
>
> There was one annoying problem. When running with -DskipTests some
> bundles (like forge2.runtime for example) do not download required
> libraries. It should be fine for tests but it should not affect
> bundles like forge2.runtime.
Actually, it could become a serious big issue since on CI, we don't run
tests in first mvn execution which produces the site we publish.
However, the forge job uses maven.test.skip flag instead of skipTests so
the runtime remains here. We can hope that if project have set up
meaningful automated tests, it will be easy to detect this case of
error, and CI jobs would turn yellow.
The cause is probably this line:
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L38
. However, this should not affect for as we can see here:
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-forge/blob/master/plugins/org.jboss.tools.forge2.runtime/pom.xml#L156
.

Cheers,
--