[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools Core 4.1.0.Beta1 bits available for QE testing

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue May 21 04:30:16 EDT 2013

On 05/21/2013 04:24 AM, Nick Boldt wrote:
> Crap. Looks like I accidentally pulled the bits from the M6 Kepler site
> instead of the M7 one. Thanks for catching this, Victor!
We did release the 4.30.5.Alpha4 TP very fast for the build to be
achieved on Friday. So we didn't send mails to ask team to check the
Target Platform before we release it.
That's our fault, and this is because the release process was started
too late -compared to Beta1 deadline- or too early -compared to
migration to Kepler M7-.

Thanks for catching that Victor.

> Mickael or Max, if you ssh to dev01.mw, then sudo to the Hudson user and
> look in ~/RHDS/updates/requirements/kepler, you'll see the results of
> that fresh pull. If you're online before me (being 6 time zones ahead)
> and want to sftp/rsync it over to download.jboss.org for me, that'd be
> awesome. Please be sure to MOVE the existing folder [1] first, so that
> we don't mix in old with new. (I can then delete it later using FireFTP,
> if you haven't already done so.)
WIP.
> Mickael, can we re-release Alpha4? or will we need to release a
> 4.30.5.Alpha5 now for use with JBT 4.1.0.Beta1, now that we've
> discovered the contents of Alpha4 are not correct?
No, we can't re-release something. We'll have to make an Alpha5.
However, the amount of work to release a new version is not that big,
it's just the it takes some time to create and publish new "unified" mirror.
For this Alpha5, we'll take the time it needs to ensure a better quality
of TP and send mail to ask for feedback. It might delay the respin, but
experience has just shown that doing things faster on that side is just
doing things wrong. So it may also save us from another respin...
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>