[jbosstools-dev] First Steps for JBT Contributors

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 09:27:23 EDT 2014

Hi *,

With a little help from my Friends Fred and Mickael, I have just set up
the development environment. Mickael asked me to post this here, to make
it more visible.

The good news is that there already is a Development Environment chapter
in devdoc [1] which covers the topic fairly well. Nothing comes to my
mind that would be missing there.

The bad news is that I have not found it when I was needing it. Googling
for "jboss tools environment" [2] does not return it on the first page.
Besides that, there is a couple of "Contribute" links in the footer of
http://tools.jboss.org/ but this important document is not linked there.
A "Contributor's first steps" link refering to [1] could perhaps be
added there.
The "Write Code" link pointing to
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-devdoc/ sounds a little bit
misleading to me. "Get the Code" or perhaps "Checkout the Code" would
describe better where it leads.

[1]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-devdoc/blob/master/building/development_environment.md
[2] https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=jboss+tools+environment