[jbosstools-dev] How to Triage Issues?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 15:57:21 EDT 2014

On 10 Jun 2014, at 17:03, Xavier Coulon wrote:

> Rob,
>
> Sorry, I missed the fact that you were talking about issues you were
> looking for help with.
>
> I agree with you that setting a fix version to 4.2.x then later to
> 4.3.x because 4.2.0 was released is not an ideal solution. I'm not
> sure if this would make more sense to keep the fixVersion and assignee
> unset until someone really decides to work on it, and automatically
> add a 'triage_required' label when the reporter creates the issue, and
> then let the component leader remove that label to indicate that the
> issue was triaged ? Does it make more sense and less paperwork ?That's
> just an idea.

The problem we have is that issues that sits around with fix version =
empty or .x or LATER just gets forgotten.

I don't know of a better way than *Actually* do the triaging of the
issues to move the issues forward to get them triaged and then either
planned (specific version/.x), dropped (closed) or postponed (.x/LATER)

Adding a label i'm not sure will help much - the issues are still not
actually looked at and moved forward (or closed)

/max