[jbosstools-dev] Proposed change to JBoss Central 4.40.0.Beta3-SNAPSHOT target platform: updated version of PMD & removal of duplicate content already in upstream TP

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 07:35:17 EDT 2014

On 11 Jun 2014, at 14:43, Nick Boldt wrote:

>> Any mention of "merging" content from Early Access TP worries me ;)
>
> The idea is to remove IUs that are already in the JBT and JBT Central
> TPs, so that Early Access can simply be the things not already in the
> other ones.
>
> As it stands, I was required to add a big pile of IUs to the
> earlyaccess .target file just to get it to resolve... 100s of IUs
> later it still wouldn't completely work unless you'd already installed
> the JBT TP first.

sure. got it.

>> What is the actual resulting diff here ? your p2diff shows zero
>> differences so
>> that is worrisome.
>
> My diff shows 3 IUs changed - from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3. Please look again.

I meant it showed zero differences in context of "removal of duplicate
content".

But now that you explained that is just in the .target files and not the
generated update sites then this should be fine.

> Because we can't just assume they're previously installed, we have to
> include them and make sure the EA site works for both JBT and JBDS.
> Hence, .target file merging.

Yes, did you verify we end up only publishing the "partial" target
platforms ? (i.e. non-merged ones)