[jbosstools-dev] tern working out of the box - beta2 requirement not working

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 13:10:36 EDT 2014

 From the initial design on https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17318,
we planned to include AngularJS in *both* JBT and JBDS Central. All the
PRs were approved with it in *both* the JBT and JBDS EA discovery plugins.

Also, I see a comment from you on May 22 stating that you are OK with
Angular JS being in JBDS Central [0]:

[0]
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17278?focusedCommentId=12969804&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12969804

It's been in both JBT and JBDS EA since June 1 [1]:

[1]
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17278?focusedCommentId=12972226&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12972226

Also, Tern *IS* in the EA site [2], because AngularJS requires it:

[2]
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbtearlyaccesstarget/4.40.0.Beta3-SNAPSHOT/REPO/features/
< CTRL-F for "tern." >

So, uh, long story short: "careful what you wish for, because you may
just get it." :D

---

If you want it excluded from the list of connectors in JBDS Central, I
can do that w/ minimal pain (it's just a few lines removed from the
plugin.xml). It would still be in the JBoss Central EA target platform,
just not exposed through the Central UI.

We would definitely have to re-shoot the Central N&N screenshots [3]
then, as they currently show JBDS Central, not JBT Central.

[3]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-website/blob/new_noteworthy/documentation/whatsnew/central/central-news-1.3.0.Beta2.adoc

Nick