[jbosstools-dev] Testing JBT installation on Mars.0

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 03:31:03 EDT 2015

> The jetty stuff afaik is in best case not *dependent* by SR.1, but
> affected by it - but I wouldn't bet on it "just working".
I would bet that the Jetty part failed because of using Jetty 9.2.10 and
9.2.13 and facing the ClassNotFoundException on SpinLock detected in
4.3.0.CR1
> We might have other being dependent on SR1 though, would be good to hear
> what those are.
Several fixes depend on SR1. However, I don't know whether the version
range are strictly set to "install" the necessary SR1 part while
installing JBoss Tools.
> btw. the last years we built against SR0 but tested against latest SR.
> Did we stop that ?

Seems like yes, we stopped that. I can't find any reason except that
we've forgotten to keep it in place, as the jetty issues somehow forced
us to be more careful with SR1 than with SR0.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>