[jbpm-dev] What's going on exactly

Bernd Rücker bernd.ruecker at camunda.com
Wed Aug 27 11:27:13 EDT 2008

Hi all!

I am really confused by now what is going on in the jBPM project and JBoss
BPM project. Could somebody please clarify:

-          Is JBoss BPM now a different project than jBPM? Or is it one?

-          Where is the exact goal of the BPM?

-          Where does this BPM-API should lead to?

-          The BPM documentation uses some XML notation. Which language is
that?

-          How does PVM / jBPM 4 relate to the “JBoss BPM”?

-          What products will be available? PVM, jBPM jPDL 3, jBPM jPDL 4?
What’s with BPEL?

-          What effort is going to on to integrate BPMN?

-          Who is project lead of what?

And:

-          When is the mailinglist used, when the forum?

Sorry, but I am really confused. I thought there was a clear vision in the
jBPM project (PVM / jBPM jPDL 4 as “reference implementation”), but now
there are a lot of other things, like this “BPM product”. What is exactly
going on here?

Sorry for asking that “silly” questions, I have some idea in my mind about
how everything goes on, but am not sure if that picture reflects reality
;-)

And as long I don’t have a clear picture is hard for me to contribute
ideas or code and to continue giving presentations on jBPM on conferences
(since normally I try to know what I am talking about). Also it will be an
interesting information for delivering the RedHat jBPM trainings
.

Thanks for your answers

Bernd

--

EJB-3-Buch:  <http://www.ejbbuch.de/> http://www.ejbbuch.de/

SENS-Experte:  <http://www.softwareexperts.de/>
http://www.softwareexperts.de/

camunda services GmbH - The Business Process Company

Werastraße 18 - 70182 Stuttgart

 <http://www.camunda.com> www.camunda.com -  <mailto:info at camunda.com>
info at camunda.com

Bernd Rücker

Geschäftsführer

Telefon +49 711 3278645

Mobil +49 171 1473461

 <mailto:bernd.ruecker at camunda.com> bernd.ruecker at camunda.com

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 113230 B

Geschäftsführer: Jakob Freund, Bernd Rücker