[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 09:53:02 EST 2009

Tom,

Yes, this usecase is useful.

But I have another one. In many of the processes in the companiy I worked for, it is required to send out an xml message to the party that performed a task which lead to this specific task. e.g.:

- You ask me (or someone if the systems decides who it gets assigned to) to repair a car
- I accept to do it, or reject it

In case there is no other wait-state in between (one task directly leads to the next task after a 'signal'), you can set some variable on the next task with the role/actor/... value of this former task. When other waitstates are in between (e.g. an external service has to be called async) it does not work. So I added my own tag to the task in the processdefinition without customizing the taskInstance (I just read the xml from the process archive). This tag is a reference to the swimlane that had the previous task. It is kind of like a business transaction then in ebBP.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210369#4210369

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210369