[jbpm-dev] Drools and jBPM 5.5.x branches have been created

Marco Rietveld mrietvel at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 09:23:14 EDT 2012

Mike,

Eh, I should probably qualify my "Roger" messages on IRC.
The "Roger" I gave on IRC was simply: "I have heard your message and I understand." I assumed that you meant 5.4.x given that jBPM has "lagged" a release behind Drools for the past year.

As far as I understand, 5.5.0-SNAPSHOT is our current master.

We have created a 5.4.x branch which the current release will be based on.

I believe that once we move to 6.x, Drools and jBPM will start keeping the same release numbers. However, this will mean that we either have stricter release schedules (every 4 months, EXACTLY) or that Drools will sometimes have to release in order to accomdate jBPM, as well as the other way around.

Thanks,
Marco