[jbpm-dev] [JBPM 5.4 eclipse plugin] Getting the BPMN2 element from a JBPM edit part.

Olivier Mélois baccata64 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 04:17:11 EDT 2013

Hello,

Not sure I should be posting this here, but my try on the forums was not
very successful. Anyway, I'm trying to add a popup menu on a right click on
JBPM diagram nodes. I need to find the element from the bpmn2 model
associated to this edit part. I have to precise I do edit bpmn2 models,
from the org.eclipse.bpmn2 feature (which contains the associated ecore
metamodel).

Now, from what I gather, the bpmn models originally used by jbpm was pure
xml, and some mechanisms (wrappers?) have been used to allow the
coexistence of both models. However, I really need to access the bpmn2
model element from the edit part. Is that possible ? I'm inclined to change
the source of the org.drools.eclipse and org.jbpm.eclipse plugins to export
the required packages if needed, and build my own feature after these
changes, but I'd really like to know how the wrapping mechanisms work and
how they can be reverted.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Thank you, and have a nice day :)

PS : would it be easier for me to do this using the 6.0 beta version ?