[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] might as well face it, Facelets is XML

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:09:09 EST 2009

> While Jacob did say on his blog not to mix the two things, he still had
> this jsfc-feature in Facelets, cause some people don´t want/need to abstract
> away from XHTML.

I think he might have just been too lazy (or bored) to rip it out. The
pass-through is a different argument from jsfc. I think jsfc is completely
and utterly useless. I see no value in it. I do see the value in the
pass-through for quick stuff. But even then, all that is being passed
through is the xml and doctype declaration, and the CDATA, all which happen
to be causing us issues with IE. (Remember, I'm not objecting to passing raw
HTML tags straight through, that is why Facelets is so successful. I'm
talking more about the document wrappers).

Registered Linux User #231597