[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] Sun Certified JSF Developer Exam Questions (was:Re: Where's Ed Burns this week?)

Imre Osswald ioss at mx.jevelopers.com
Thu Dec 17 22:12:02 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

it is terribly complicated and wrong to do it (I totally agree),
but still possible. (As I said, I would never want to see anything
like that)
As such rendering a) to maybe not the best "wrong" answer.

The problem with d) being true, is that there are plenty of horrible
ways I could come up to register managed beans ;)

Still there should be a question about managed beans, and b,c and d,
should be in the answers.
Maybe we can either tweak the question, or change a) a bit, but I am
also O.K. with having the question as is.
I don't want to be a "Haarspalter" (quibbler?), especially if I can
not think of a better wrong answer :D

Maybe:
a) by putting the bean into the session-map?

which would make the bean usable in EL, as if it were a managed-bean.
But not registering it, nor does this make the bean managed.

or:
a) by calling FacesContext.getApplication().registerManagedBean(String
name, Class<?> beanClass)
.. no comment :)

regards
Imre