[jsr-314-open] Ajax validation

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Mon Jun 22 13:58:19 EDT 2009

Pete, Alex -

Can you elaborate on the consequences of running through the update
model phase during Ajax validation?  Is the concern that this is just
unnecessary overhead (ie. is this a performance issue)?  Or are there
other functional issues that come up?

FWIW, we haven't added such a facility for skipping update model in
Trinidad/ADF Faces Ajax.  Perhaps we haven't needed this because we
primarily rely on client-side validation for quick feedback (though of
course there are cases that client-side validation does not cover.)

Ted -

Just curious - does ICEfaces provide a mechanism for skipping update
model during Ajax validation?

Andy