[jsr-314-open] f:ajax behavior renderer question/discussion

Werner Punz werner.punz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:13:24 EST 2009

Hello

Since one of our guys stumbled upon this detail, the f:ajax is supposed to
deliver the javascript for the f:ajax tag to the component involved the
question now is.
If we have a button which has the behavior applied to, does the behavior
render a return false at the end or
should it be possible that the button can do a form submit afterwards.

My personal guess is either is correct, if the behavior adds a return false
at the end, then
the ajax call is done and no form submit is done afterwards, if it is not
done
then subsequent added scripts might not be blocked (by other behaviors or
internally set scripts)
but the button has to detect that an ajax behavior is applied and has to add
the return false
at the end himself, so what is the correct approach targetting this.

Kind regards

Werner Punz