[jsr-314-open] f:ajax behavior renderer question/discussion

Ed Burns Ed.Burns at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 18 15:01:18 EST 2009

WP> Since one of our guys stumbled upon this detail, the f:ajax is
WP> supposed to deliver the javascript for the f:ajax tag to the
WP> component involved the question now is.  If we have a button which
WP> has the behavior applied to, does the behavior render a return false
WP> at the end or should it be possible that the button can do a form
WP> submit afterwards.

I belive this is the intent: whatever script was specified by the user
as an XML attribute in the markup page replaces the "return false;" at
the end of the script we generate when the f:ajax tag is attached.

Is this correct?

Ed