[jsr-314-open] Components

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:00:17 EDT 2009

We were discussing this offline a bit. I made that point the <f:*> tags and
the major UIComponent types (which Alex already mentioned) may belong in the
core spec and the <h:*> tags, plus any layout sets we add, would belong in
the component spec. Seems reasonable to me. Given how big the JSF spec is,
it might be easier to manage if it was in two (or more) parts.

-Dan

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Alaxander Smirnov <asmirnov at exadel.com>wrote:

> That extended set of components recall me an idea that had discussed before
> JSF 2.0 started: divide JSF API part from components. JSF api library itself
> contains about one half of implementation in components code, that is
> unusual amid most Java specifications.
> I think that the only base functions, like command, input, select should be
> defined in API.
>

> On 10/14/2009 01:33 PM, Jim Driscoll wrote:
>
>> Andy had mentioned that there was interest in adding a few components for
>> JSF 2.next.  And our audience mentioned that as well.
>>
>> I thought it would be an interesting exercise to try to gather up a list
>> of what kinds of components already existed as either existing JSF or
>> JavaScript widgets, and I went a little overboard - but hopefully you'll
>> find it useful as something to stimulate thought on the topic.
>>

>> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/driscoll/archive/2009/10/14/almost-comprehensive-list-components
>>
>> Jim

Registered Linux User #231597