[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Jim Driscoll Jim.Driscoll at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 7 19:25:29 EST 2010

On 1/6/10 2:57 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> I'd like to understand a little more about the objections to runtime
> modification. I agree in that I don't think it would add much value, but
> is the opposition of a technical difficulty or practical/philosophical
> nature? I'd like to learn why people feel this way. Is it more of "it
> goes against the intentended usage of ProjectStage" or more of "it would
> be too hard for too little value?" Or something else?
>
> Just for my benefit. Thanks!

I believe it's more a matter of "too hard for too little value".  Not
that it's all *that* hard (AFAIK) - but it's annoying enough of a change
that I'd like to see at least one compelling usecase before supporting
it.  It also may have a (slight) overhead cost, which in Production
stage is a good argument against it.

Jim