[jsr-314-open] [jsf2next] PROJECT_STAGE system property configuration

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:01:20 EST 2010

I see your point, agreed. I think what I was really going for was
extendability. But, I like the idea of pushing this into the container, plus
what's been asked for on the JCP forums will go a long way to achieving that
goal of extendability (User ProjectStages). I do have one question about
that though:

I've been hearing "appserver", but would the "Java EE Umbrella Spec" be
enough to bring this behavior to servlet containers? The last thing we want
is to create another thing that appservers provide, that servlet containers
do not. We still need ProjectStage to make it into the Servlet spec,
explicitly, in order to bridge that gap, right? Is that an accurate
assumption?

--Lincoln

--
Lincoln Baxter, III