[keycloak-dev] Node.js adapter releases

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 00:29:12 EDT 2016

Having the same version makes it much easier for people to grab a version
they know works with a specific Keycloak version. It also makes it simpler
when we release.

Keycloak has a 6 week release cadence and adapters shouldn't be released
more frequently. Rather they should be released at the same time as the
server and by the same release job in Jenkins.

To become a first class citizen an adapter has to:

* Release at same time as Keycloak server (every ~6 weeks). We test and
release everything as a bundle and don't have the resources to maintain
separate release cycles. I also want all adapters to be consistent here.
* Documentation - we're going to have a adapters documentation, it will
have a separate chapter for each adapter. Each adapter chapter will have a
getting started and a reference/developer guide. There's also need for the
relevant api docs in whatever format is most popular for a specific language
* Examples - not sure where these will live. Maybe all examples for all
adapters are in one repo

Any changes to the above has to be raised. If you really want to discuss
that then send a generic message to keycloak-dev list, basically don't
include NodeJS in the title ;).