[keycloak-dev] Interactive claims gathering flow

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 06:20:28 EST 2018

Hi Ainga,

Nice to see such interest from your part.

As you know, we don't support this specific part of UMA specs. The reason
is that we did not have much demand from the community until now.

However, to overcome the lack of claims gathering in our implementation, to
provide a solution that could help non-UMA use cases,  and in order to
still allow permissions to be evaluated based on arbitrary claims, we allow
resource servers to push claims to Keycloak so policies can use these
claims to make their decisions.

I do believe that your proposal would be a great addition to Keycloak,
where these claims could be "gathered" more dynamically based on some
user-defined flow, all that managed by Keycloak. I think it is also a step
forward to step-up authentication and authorization ...

I think the most challenging part of this capability is how we configure
the flow in Keycloak, what we would provide OOTB (e.g.: ask 2-fator,
questionnaire, etc) and how to extend Keycloak to support custom flows.
Another important aspect is related to the PCT and how to manage it
properly, and securely.

So, how to get started ... I would suggest you to start implementing
something based on your requirements and use case. I can help you during
this process. Once we define this initial scope and impl we can start
discussing how to make the solution generic/flexible enough to address more
requirements.

FYI, we have this JIRA [1]. Please, put there your requirements and use
case and let's start a discussion around this.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-6868

Thanks.
Pedro Igor