[keycloak-user] Use X.509 certificate when retrieving Access Token from OIDC Provider?

Jeremy Waterman jeremy at perspectivepartners.com
Thu May 4 10:50:49 EDT 2017

Hi all,

We are using Keycloak as an identity broker with a third party service. We’ve set up the third party up as an OIDC Identity Provider within Keycloak, but we’ve hit a snag. The third party that we’re woking with requires that requests to retrieve an access token are sent with an X.509 certificate. We can’t find a way within Keycloak to set this up and when we hit the token server URL to exchange the authorization code for a token, we are getting an error back from the third party - “proper client ssl certificate was not presented.”

Any ideas on how to support this with Keycloak?

Thanks for any help!!
Jeremy